Saturday 20 June 2009

Just a follow up to my previous post

If you see my post below Mark Easton of the BBC in his post entitled "Homelessness crisis? What homelessness crisis?"stated that:
"Even so, it seems odd that England has apparently escaped the kind of scenes being witnessed in America: tented villages of homeless people; motels requisitioned to house the destitute."
Well as I was spending my Saturday afternoon doing some work from home I came across this article from the Midweek Herald, a paper that is based in the South West of England. This article is about homeless people who are sleeping in tents because they have nowhere else to go.

1 comment:

thelocalgovernmentofficer said...

Hello - your comments welcome on my most recent, though I know homelessness and housing aren't exactly as integrated as one might sometimes assume from a distance.